论坛

找回密码
 注册

查看: 1549|回复: 0

Big Money For Danish Poker Winner

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-5-23 11:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Paradise Poker's Slaget om Norden III tourney ends on a high note

Paradise Poker named it "The Battle of the Nordic Countries" (Slaget om Norden) and in its third edition this poker tourney lived up to its name, with players from the Scandinavian region competing fiercely for the big main prize of SEK 1 million, or around $147 000.

But the final heads up battle was a Danish affair between Jacob Pedersen and Thomas Pedersen, two unrelated and competitive players from Denmark who went at it hammer and tongs in a short but exciting finale to a successful and well supported event. The action took place well away from the traditionally chilly northern climes, with finalists travelling to sunny Paradise Island in the Bahamas.

Jacob was the Pedersen who finally walked away with the big check, leaving his opponent with a still attractive SEK 250 000 second placing.

Slaget om Norden is a popular tournament, now in its third year, which is hosted by Paradise Poker only for players from Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Norway and Finland. In previous years the champions have hailed from Sweden and Norway, and this is Denmark's first success in the event.

"I never thought I would win. I just saw coming to Bahamas and playing in a poker tournament as an adventure," the big winner said.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 15:25 , Processed in 0.066730 second(s), 18 queries .