论坛

找回密码
 注册

查看: 1085|回复: 0

THIRD ABSOLUTE DREAM PACKAGE GOES TO COPENHAGEN STUDENT

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-6-12 06:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
26 year old college student scoops entre to the world's top tourneys

A 26 year old Copenhagen student using the handle "Gentlemen8" has become the third winner of Absolute Poker.com's Third Absolute Dream Package, claiming a coveted online poker prize package that's already dramatically changed the lives of two other online poker players in two different countries.

Dubbed "The Satellite King" in his homeland for winning a serious number of online poker satellites, Jannick W. joins Scott C. from Pekin, Illinois and Daniel B. from Toronto, Canada in the Absolute Dream Package winners' circle.

He has secured a seat in the world's richest online poker tournaments including the WSOP and multiple WPT events; a buy-in to the world's biggest televised Texas Hold'em cash game; a 5-star tropical vacation for two with entries to the 2007 Aruba Poker Classic; training with the world's best poker pros; a season's pass to Absolute Poker's signature weekly $150,000 tournament; and much more.

"I knew that I'd be a shoe-in to win the Absolute Dream Package," said a confident Jannick, shortly after winning the online poker tournament on June 3rd. "Within the last few months, I made many final tables and I've secured several online poker tournament wins. Winning a larger-than-life tournament like this was inevitable."

While one might view this statement as laden with hubris, those who've watched Jannick at the tables usually agree that such bold words are warranted. His past accomplishments at the online poker tables and in land-based events are nothing short of impressive.

In just a few hours of play, Jannick once won $72 000 in a cash game. The biggest pots he took playing online poker and land-based poker were $36 000 and $20 000 respectively. Last year, he won four WSOP Main Event seats and a $50 000 H.O.R.S.E. seat. His highest multi-table tournament win online netted Jannick $43 000. Add to the mix a $13 000 live tournament and you get the idea that Jannick has more than luck on his side.

Now, Jannick will play in some of the world's biggest poker tournaments on Absolute Poker's dime - a small investment for the popular online poker site considering that Jannick is one of Europe's biggest rising stars in poker.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 08:15 , Processed in 0.067702 second(s), 18 queries .