论坛

找回密码
 注册

查看: 1310|回复: 0

Party Names Top Woman Online Poker Player

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-8-15 05:49 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Inaugural Party Poker Women's World Open concludes in London

The wife of comedian/poker-player Norman Pace, Beverley took home $50 000 and the title of first Party Poker Women's World Open Champion this week after a tough competition and a tense heads up with runner-up Jen Mason in London. After a number of swings Pace's pocket sixes held-up all-in against Mason's Ace Jack off suit.

Pace noted that she was pleased to beat Mason, who has an impressive track record of recent wins and was a formidable opponent.
"I have huge respect for her, and she has taught me a lot on the circuit," said Pace, "Perhaps she didn't do herself any favours as I have picked up a lot about how she plays!

"I'm very happy", she continued. "This is my first big win and I intend to give myself a bankroll to play more tournaments for bigger stakes in the near future. I was sixth in the Ladies European Championship in April and went to the WSOP and Aussie Millions this year but haven't really cashed significantly."

Mason collected a second placing prize of $22 000 in the event after surviving the final table to confront Pace in the heads up. Other final table players were Bronwyn Campbell, Kara Scott, Jackie Vaswani and Maria Demetriou.

The event required a $3 000 buy-in and featured many of the planet's top women players, including Liz Lieu, Jennifer Tilly, Shannon Elizabeth, Katharine Hartree, Xuyen Pham, former PartyPoker World Open winner Pippa Flanders, European Ladies champion Jackie Meecham and Lucy Rokach.

Bev Pace has been married to Norman for 30 years and the couple are well known and popular on the UK circuit. She has been a part-time poker player for four and a half years and spends a lot of her spare time chairing the Meningitis Research Foundation charity.

"Women's tournaments are good for getting more ladies into the game," the new champ said. "The standard is no different to a mixed gender game but they do encourage some to come forward who wouldn't do otherwise."
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 06:10 , Processed in 0.064383 second(s), 18 queries .