注册

查看: 1321|回复: 0

Default 27 arrested in Roswell poker raid

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-4-11 01:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
By MIKE MORRIS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 04/10/07

Roswell police arrested 27 people in an overnight raid on a high-stakes poker game in an upscale neighborhood off Holcomb Bridge Road.

The raid on a home on Nesbit Ridge Drive near Centennial High School capped a six-month investigation into the operation, which police said charged players $10,000 to enter the weekly, Monday night games of Texas Hold'em and other games.

Roswell police Sgt. B.C. Brackett said that when officers entered the house overnight, they found players gambling around three tables in the basement of the house.

Those arrested were "from all walks of life," Brackett said. At least two men arrested were from out of town, one from Savannah and the other from Macon, he said.

Two women hired to serve drinks were among those arrested.

Officers also impounded more than 20 cars parked along the street outside the house. The investigation began after neighbors complained about traffic in the otherwise quiet neighborhood.

Brackett said that while the game was by invitation only, potential players could apply to enter the game through a Web site.

While most of those arrested will face misdemeanor charges, two men believed to be running the game will be charged with felony commercial gambling counts. The names of those arrested were not released.

"I've been with the city for going on 27 years, and I've not seen an operation like this in my tenure," Brackett said.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 14:54 , Processed in 0.067007 second(s), 18 queries .